FEBRUARY 24, 12.00 to 13.00 CET
IMPROVING GRID RESPONSE to support climate targets and increased renewables
—> Register here <—
The discussion and presentations will help distribution grid operators understand the implications of increased demand due to mass electrification, and transition to carbon neutral energy mix on grids. The discussion will focus on how they can improve reliability and resilience in their networks; in particular, by increasing grid monitoring and applying AI/ML analytics as advocated by Smart Grid Indicators.
Key innovations and technologies that will be discussed include:
- Improve SAIFI/SAIDI statistics – better supply quality
- Faster emergency response – in case of extreme weather/natural disaster/terrorist threat
- Preventing outages – identify weak spots (asset deterioration) and assess likelihood of breakdown (combining with weather forecast and heuristic statistics) to enable predictive maintenance
- Efficient grid upgrades – Prioritization metrics for which assets to replace/upgrade first
- Optimal use of grid capacity for DER (renewables, EV and storage) integration
Confirmed speakers: Vera Silva, CTO at Ge Grid Solutions ; Fréderic Vassort, CEO at Ampacimon (event sponsor) ; Ercole de Luca from ARETI and Norela Constantinescu, Head of Research and Innovation at ENTSO-e.